Friday, November 26, 2010

Seven Weeks

With only a month of my college career left, the anticipation for Honduras is quickly growing. I still have little idea of what I'll be doing at the school, but surprisingly I'm not too worried. I've spoken with two friends who volunteered last summer and they have really made it sound like an incredible place. And knowing that a group of Stonehill students (including some amazing friends) will be visiting on their spring break is pretty comforting.


In addition to learning about the history and cultural context of the country, I'm starting to try and formulate an after-school program for the girls. Recently I've been interested in empowerment through meditation, journaling, open discussions, and the like. So I've been doing a bit of research for developing countries and what kind of programs they have. I'll certainly have a better idea of what the girls would like after I'm there for a few weeks, but I think I'm off to a good start. It would be really neat if I could share some of my interests with the students.

2 comments:

DAD said...

Hey - it workS now!

Mom said...

It's always interesting to see people's responses when I say that you are going to Honduras for 11 months! It's an adventure just being your mom!